Homemade pan gravy can be a challenge for some home cooks. Just a little practice is all it takes, and its a snap. Melt a little fat (of course, I like some good ole reserved bacon fat), equal portions of flour, to form a roux. Then add fresh stock, such as roasted turkey stock, stir gently until thickened. Add a little salt and fresh ground black pepper. Simply the best.Melt fat in saute pan, add equal parts flour, and stir until consistency of wet sand. Let brown just a tad.
Slowly add warm stock, and whisk until thick. Add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
Homemade Pan Gravy Recipe:
- 3 tablespoons of fat, such as rendered bacon fat
- 3 tablespoon of all-purpose of flour
- 2 cups of hot roasted turkey stock, or chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the fat in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the flour, stirring often. Stir until the rouxs turns a very light tan, and resembles wet sand
- Slowly whisk in the hot stock, continue whisking until slightly thickened. About 6 or 7 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taster (be sure to taste before you salt…you may not need to add any!)