Heath Bar Fudge Brownies – What more needs to be said? Decadent? Yes. Rich? Yes. Unbelievably gooey? Yes.
Insanely delicious? Absolutely.
130% Loon Approved.
Heath Bar Fudge Brownies
These Heath Bar Fudge Brownies are super fudgy, and gooey, and perfect in every way. I have always been a nut for Heath bars! And these flavors all go together so decadently perfectly!
Author: Adapted from Donald Link
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the dish
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages Heath toffee bits (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- FOR THE FUDGE ICING:
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1½ oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup plus ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- MAKE THE BROWNIES:
- Heat oven to 350 F and butter a 9"x13" baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, or in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Whisk in the cocoa mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and salt into the batter, and stir to combine.
- Stir in 2 cups of the toffee chips and the chocolate chips (1 cup).
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- MAKE THE FUDGE ICING:
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler, or in a metal bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Combine the sour cream and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add the warm, melted chocolate and whisk until all ingredients are combined and the icing is thick and glossy.
- Set the icing aside in a cool space to rest at least for 1 hour, until it becomes thick and spreadable.
- FINISH THE BROWNIES!
- Use a frosting knife to evenly ice the brownies (it will be a thin layer of icing).
- Sprinkle the remaining toffee chips over the top.
- When you're ready to serve, slice the brownies into 12 equal bars (they'll be nice and big).
- Serve and enjoy!