Heath Bar Fudge Brownies – What more needs to be said? Decadent? Yes. Rich? Yes. Unbelievably gooey? Yes.
Insanely delicious? Absolutely.
130% Loon Approved.
Heath Bar Fudge Brownies
- FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 4 tablespoons 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the dish
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 oz. unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 8 oz. packages Heath toffee bits (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- FOR THE FUDGE ICING:
- 6 tablespoons 3/4 stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 oz. unsweetened chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 oz. bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
MAKE THE BROWNIES:
Heat oven to 350 F and butter a 9"x13" baking dish.
In a bowl, whisk the cocoa powder with 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons boiling water.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler, or in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water.
Whisk in the cocoa mixture.
In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla.
Whisk in the chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and salt into the batter, and stir to combine.
Stir in 2 cups of the toffee chips and the chocolate chips (1 cup).
Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish.
Bake until a tester inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
Allow the brownies to cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
MAKE THE FUDGE ICING:
Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler, or in a metal bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
Combine the sour cream and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Add the warm, melted chocolate and whisk until all ingredients are combined and the icing is thick and glossy.
Set the icing aside in a cool space to rest at least for 1 hour, until it becomes thick and spreadable.
FINISH THE BROWNIES!
Use a frosting knife to evenly ice the brownies (it will be a thin layer of icing).
Sprinkle the remaining toffee chips over the top.
When you're ready to serve, slice the brownies into 12 equal bars (they'll be nice and big).
Serve and enjoy!