Grilled Salmon with Roasted Poblano Butter is a beautiful dish, and so flavorful. The simplicity of the grilled salmon is so wonderful, and then elevated to amazing heights with a roasted poblano and lime butter compound. Serve over a bed of sauteed spinach, and you’ll have one of the best salmon dishes you’ve ever served. And this dish pairs beautifully with a lovely Pinot Grigio. Divine. 135% Loon Approved.
Grilled Salmon with Roasted Poblano Butter
- 4 fresh salmon fillets about 2 to 2 1/2 lbs
- 2 1/2 tsp fish sauce* or soy sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice (plus another 2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 poblano chile**
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened slightly 1/2 stick
- 1 tbsp chives finely chopped
- *Available in the Asian section of most supermarkets or at Asian markets
- **Available in the produce section of most supermarkets or specialty markets like Whole Food
PREPARE THE SALMON
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down in a large glass dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the fish sauce, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and sesame oil.
- Pour the sauce over the salmon, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning once.
MAKE THE COMPOUND BUTTER
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
- Put chile on a baking pan and and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, turning once.
- Place roasted chile in a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 15 minutes.
- Take the pepper out of the bowl and peel off the skin and remove the seeds. Mince the roasted pepper.
- In a food processor, or blender, place the butter, 2 teaspoons lime juice, chives, and 2 tablespoons of the minced pepper (save the rest of the pepper for another use). Process for 20 to 30 seconds until the mixture is well combined.
- Gently form mixed butter into a cylinder on wax paper. Using your hands, push ends together to form a log. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
FINISH THE DISH
- Create a hot grill.
- Place salmon, skin side down (if skin is still on), and grill for 5 minutes. (half way through, move fillets 45 degrees on the grill, to make perfect cross grill marks).
- Turn the fillets over and grill for an additional 5 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Place a slice of the butter on top of each salmon fillet just prior to removing from the grill so that it melts slightly.