This Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Scallion Dressing is really refreshing and bursting with wonderful farm-fresh flavors. The dressing is similar to homemade Ranch, but with a twist of fresh scallions. Cooking the beans in stock infuses incredible flavor. Here, we use chicken stock, but feel free to use vegetable stock for a complete vegetarian dish. Amazing!
Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Scallion Dressing
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 large leeks white and pale-green parts only, halved, and cut into 2" pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large heirloom tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh scallions
- 1/2 cup of Scallion-Buttermilk Dressing
- In a large pot, bring the stock to a boil.
- Carefully add the beans to the stock and cook until just tender about 4 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a colander set in a bowl of ice water, drain.
- Place beans in a large bowl.
- Bring the stock back to a boil and then add the leeks and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes, and then drain.
- Add the cooked leeks to the bowl of beans and add the cherry tomatoes and olive oil and toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve salad over tomato slices and then drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Then top with mint and scallions.