This made-from-scratch fried zucchini with fresh marinara will knock your socks off. Oh my, it’s amazing. One of the Loon’s all time favorites. It’s best when made in the summer with zucchini fresh from the farm, but you can find zucchini any time of the year, and trust me…this is just so good. Make the marinara from scratch for the perfect sauce. Oh. My. God.
Fried Zucchini with Fresh Marinara
- 2 large zucchinis partially peeled. Cut in half, seeded. Cut into 1/8 inch strips.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs.
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Oil for frying
- Parmesan cheese for shaving
- Fresh marinara sauce for dipping
- Pre-heat the oil in your deep fryer, or in a large heavy skillet, to 350F
- Set up 3 bowls. One with a mixture of breads crumbs, Panko and salt. The other with egg and milk combined.
- Dip the zucchini pieces in the egg/milk mixture.
- Dredge the dipped zucchini into the dry bread crumb mixture.
- Gently add to the fryer, cook until golden. About 3 to 4 minutes total. Do this in batches.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Shave Parmesan cheese onto the fried zucchini
- Serve with homemade marinara. (can be made at least 3 to 4 days ahead.