Fresh strawberry with white chocolate ice cream is amazing! The Loon and I just love the freshness of the strawberries mixed with the vanilla and white chocolate. Summer may be ending, but who cares! Ice cream is awesome anytime of the year…especially when its made from scratch!
Fresh Strawberry with White Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries hulled (you can also use frozen, if fresh aren't available)
- 1 cup of white chocolate broke into chunks (you can also use white chocolate morsels)
- 3/4 cup of whole milk
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1/12 cups of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Put the strawberries into the bowl of a food processor, fitted with a blade.
- Pulse the strawberries until roughly chopped (or finely chopped, depending on how you like them).
- Reserve berries in a bowl.
- In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed, or whisk to combine the milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Stir in the reserved strawberries with all the juices.
- Stir in the white chocolate
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Whisk mixture together again before pouring into your ice cream maker.
- Follow the instructions on your ice cream maker. This usually takes about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Once thickened, but still creamy, transfer to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove ice cream from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.