You all know here at H2FaL we love dishes that require a little extra attention in the kitchen. A little extra lovin, if you will. But…we also love dishes that are packed with flavor and take hardly any time as well. Well, that’s what you get with my Easy Tex-Mex Pasta Dinner. It brings together two of our most favorite things in the world…Tex-Mex and pasta! And this seriously comes together in about 30 minutes. And makes enough to feed a table of four, with left-overs! Perfect weeknight meal. Enjoy!! 120% Loon Approved.
Easy Tex-Mex Pasta Dinner
- 1 lb fresh chorizo sausage casings removed
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper I like a mix of green, red and yellow
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 10 oz can Ro-tel tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Kris' taco seasoning or buy a packet from the grocery store
- 1 tsp dried oregeno
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 lb fusilli pasta or other pasta to your liking, cooked according to package directions
- 8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Cook the chorizo in a large skillet over medium-high heat until fully cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings from the pan.
- Add onion, bell peppers, and garlic to the cooked chorizo and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, taco seasoning, and oregano; cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in cream, corn, black beans and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cooked pasta and cheese.
- Garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.