Breakfast potatoes with bacon, peppers and Monterrey Jack cheese are simply incredible. I’ve been making these for the Loon for years, and they never disappoint. Make these and you’ll be so glad you did. Yes, oh yes, I think I will.
Breakfast Potatoes with Bacon, Peppers and Monterrey Jack Cheese
These breakfast potatoes with bacon, peppers and Monterrey Jack cheese are really good. Bursting with all kind of savory flavors. Easy to make and you'll just love!Print Pin Rate
- 3 baking potatoes diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter melted
- 4 slabs of bacon diced
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 tablespoons of Comino seeds whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3 green onions scallions, chopped, green and white parts
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, cool on paper towels.
- Toss the potatoes, peppers, onion, with the melted butter and 2 tablespoons of the leftover bacon grease in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the comino seeds, salt and pepper
- Place the veggies on a baking sheet and put in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Give the pan a good toss a couple times along the way.
- While the potatoes are baking, crumble the bacon.
- Toss the bacon over the potatoes and place back in oven.
- Crank the over to 500 F and cook for about another 10 minutes (check them out every few minutes, don't let them burn)
- Take the baking sheets out and sprinkle the cheese on top and then top with the green onions.
- Bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!