Black Pepper Bacon and Maple Caramel Popcorn
This Black Pepper Bacon and Maple Caramel Popcorn is a wonderful treat to have as your guests arrive!
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 3 tbsp oil or bacon grease...for extra flavor
- 8 strips pepper thick-cut bacon or just good ole plain bacon
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup salted, roasted cashews whole
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp good maple syrup
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- white truffle salt optional
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F
- Pop the corn in the oil
- Spread the popped corn on a large baking dish. Then sprinkle on the salt, and cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Once cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into a bowl
- Add the bacon and cashews over the popped popcorn
- In a large skillet over low-medium heat, stir together the sugar, maple syrup and 1/2 cup of water...heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until turns to a nice amber brown color (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove mixture from heat and add the heavy cream. Mix and blend well, quickly!
- Pour mixture over popcorn.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes...stirring every 10 minutes, or so.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve...and be just awesome.