Yep. That’s what these are…popcorn s’mores bars. Serve these with a cold glass of milk…and the kids will think you are a super hero. The Loon sure did.
Awesome Popcorn S'Mores Bars
- 1 1/3 stick unsalted butter plus a little more for greasing the dish
- Approx 15 cups popped popcorn using a Whirlypop is best!
- 10 oz mini marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely broken graham crackers
- 7 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- In a medium sauce pan, over low to medium heat, cook together the sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Stir frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat...add the baking soda and stir to combine
- Carefully pour the butter mixture over the popcorn mix (having a helper make this easier)
- Stir gently until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, press the edges, and smooth the top with your hands.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into bars.