These amazing beef back ribs are incredible. Beef back ribs are different than the popular pork baby back ribs. They come from the same top portion of the of the rib cage on both animals, but that’s really the only similarity. Beef back ribs tend to be meatier than pork baby back ribs. Cook them low and slow on your grill. Click here for a quick tutorial on how to prepare your grill to make these amazing beef back ribs.
Now, watch Kris and Wesley show you how to make these ribs. And then use the recipe below to do them yourself. These are the bomb.
Amazing Beef Back Ribs
- 3 - 5 lb beef back ribs
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- FOR THE RUB:
- 1/4 cup 'turbinado' brown sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chili powder I like to use a combo of Ancho and Chipotle
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- FOR THE MOP:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Rub salt all over the ribs and place in a glass dish, cover for 3 hours, overnight.
Mix the rub ingredients together in a small bowl.
Two hours before grilling, take the ribs out of the fridge.
Rub the oil all over the ribs.
Next, apply the rub, adhering it to the oil. Return back to the fridge for two hours.
Mix the ingredients of the mop together in a medium bowl.
Prepare your grill using the 2-zone indirect method. Click here to learn more.
Grill, meat-side up (don't flip them during the cooking), at 200 - 235 F, for 4 to 5 hours, mopping every hour.
Apply BBQ sauce in the last 30 minutes, if desired.
Remove ribs, and slice between bones with sharp knife
Serve at once!