Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad is so good. It’s perfect for a BBQ or a side for almost any meal. And it’s super easy. It’s vegetarian and full of flavor. During Summer months, get fresh sweet corn from the farmer’s stand, grill, and cut off the kernels….so good! Otherwise, corn from the store will do just fine.
Black bean and corn salad – mixing
Zesty Black Bean and Sweet Corn Salad
This zesty black bean and sweet corn salad is everyone's favorite BBQ side kick. Plus, it's good as a side salad for must about any meal. In the Summer, get fresh sweet corn, grill it, and the cut off the kernels...mmm...so good.
- 2 cups of fresh (grilled and then sliced off cob) or frozen (and then thawed) corn kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 4 cups of canned, cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup of cilanto, chopped
- Rinse onions in cold water, this removes a bit of the acidic flavor. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Add the beans, corn, onion and bell pepper and toss until well coated.
- Cover and chill for about 2 hours.
- Add cilantro and toss again.
- Serve and enjoy!