This Wonderful Roasted Whole Chicken recipe is so easy, and so amazing.
Perfect for the holidays or any time of the year, for that matter. So succulent and so full of flavor.
This is a recipe I’ve adapted from Julia Childs and Ina Garten…with my own touch. We love to serve this with Roasted Potatoes with Balsamic and Herbs.
The roasted vegetables add such a depth of flavor for this chicken!
We just cannot rave about this Roasted Whole Chicken enough. Perfect for serving at dinner parties, holiday gathering, or a lovely Sunday meal.
And just wait until to you smell your home as this is baking in the oven. Mmmmmm.
And now, go ahead and make this Wonderful Roasted Whole Chicken recipe!
You’ll be so glad you did!
- 7 - 8 lb roasting chicken
- 2½ tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 head of garlic, split in half
- Two bunches of thyme sprigs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Melt 1 & ½ tablespoons of the butter
- Remove the chicken giblets from the cavity and rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water.
- Liberally salt the inside of the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken with the garlic, lemon and 1 bunch of the thyme sprigs.
- Using a brush, or your hands (after it's cooled a little), rub the melted butter all over the outside of the bird.
- Salt and pepper the outside of the bird.
- Place the veggies and the other sprigs of thyme in a roasting pan.
- Toss with the olive oil and then salt (about a half a teaspoon).
- Place the chicken on the veggies.
- Bake for about 1 to 1 & ½ hours, until the internal temp reaches 165F (an instant read thermometer works perfectly here). The juices will run clear when you pierce between the leg and the breast.
- After about 20 minutes, add the chicken stock to the pan.
- Baste the bird about every 30 minutes.
- Once done, remove the chicken and let rest for about 20 minutes, tent with foil.
- Add veggies to serving dish.
- Add bird to serving platter, slice, serve...and ENJOY!