Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is easy to make and is such a bold, flavorful sauce to go on gyros, salads, fish, or use as a wonderful dip. Fresh is always best. And the homemade tzatziki sauce just cannot be beat. 125% Loon Approved.
This homemade Tzatziki Sauce is so fresh and full of bold flavors. It's easy to put together and is perfect for gyros, salad, fish and as a dip.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Dressing
Serves: 4 - 6
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- Pinch of Kosher salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Shred the cucumber with a box cutter, or pulse a few times in a food processor (should yield about ½ cup).
- Wrap in a towel and squeeze to remove as mush water as possible.
- Mix together the shredded cucumber, yogurt, garlic, vinegar, dill, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.