This Skillet Roasted Corn Salsa recipe is so simple and yet so amazingly delicious. Even in the colder months, when fresh corn isn’t available, you can still get incredible taste and texture with a simple bag of frozen corn, a sturdy skillet (such as a cast iron!), and a few herbs and lime.
We love all kinds of salsa in our house, and this has found it’s way right to the upper standings when it comes to all-time favorites!
As is so often the case, it doesn’t take a ton of ingredients to make a dish taste really good. Obviously, the corn here is the star, and pan roasting them just bring out their sweetness and flavor even more.
Then throw in a little spice and lime, and you’ve got an absolutely incredible salsa on your hands!
This literally only takes about 15 to 20 minutes to make. We put this on everything, from our favorite Tex-Mex dishes, to baked potatoes, or eggs, or just as a delicious side.
Skillet roasted corn is incredible.
Don’t you want to make this right now?
The addition of red onion and pickled jalapeño acts as just a little flavor boost. As it all cooks together, the onion and the jalapeño mellow and just blend perfectly with the lightly browned corn.
And then the fresh lime juice brightens the salsa, and just makes you keep coming back for more!
Oh, just so very good.
I’ve got to admit, I’m a traditional tomato-based salsa kinda guy. But the Loon urged me to come up with a slightly different type of salsa, for a new tostada recipe that I was developing. I hesitantly agreed.
Let me tell you, the Loon has some pretty good instincts. After a few test runs, this salsa is just perfect. And wait until you see the tostada recipe that’s coming soon.
Now, stop everything you’re doing…and hurry and go make this incredible Skillet Roasted Corn Salsa recipe!
You will be so happy that you did!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño, pickled or fresh, finely chopped
- 1 4.5 oz. can of green chilies, chopped
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (from 2 to 3 ears), or 1 16 oz. package frozen corn kernels
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Juice of 2 limes (about 2 tablespoons)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add corn and green chilies, and cook until corn starts to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder and lime juice.
- Remove from heat and let cool.