These Seared Shishito Peppers are such a crowd pleaser and couldn’t be easier to make! Legend has it that 9 out of 10 shishito peppers are very mild, but that the tenth pepper has some major heat! Well, that isn’t just legend, it’s true, but don’t worry, the hot ones aren’t that hot. The Loon may say differently, but I think the hot ones are awesome. This is so easy, just sear them in some oil and shallots, add some lime zest and course sea salt, and you’re done! You won’t believe how fast these babies go at a party. And they’re so much fun to watch them cook! Delicious!
Watch Kris & Wesley make Seared Shishito Peppers and then see the recipe below!
- 2 tablespoons of oil (vegetable, olive or sesame)
- 1 shallot, minced (optional)
- Two (2) 6 oz bags of shishito peppers
- Zest of 1 lime
- Coarse sea salt, to taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Saute the shallots until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Toss in the peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally.
- After the pepper skins have started to blister slightly, add a pinch of the lime zest and a pinch of the sea salt. Stir to incorporate.
- Once tender and lightly blistered (about 8 - 10 minutes), remove from heat.
- Transfer to serving platter and garnish with a little more lime zest and sea salt (to taste).