This scallion-buttermilk dressing is so fresh and vibrant. This is absolutely wonderful on a salad of young lettuce and farm-fresh tomatoes. And we just love this on the Green Bean and Tomato Salad. Wonderfully refreshing!
This Scallion-Buttermilk Dressing is so fresh and really vibrant. Similar to classic Ranch with a twist of scallions. Amazing flavors.
Author: Adapted from Donald Link
Recipe type: Salad Dressing
Cuisine: Salad Dressing
- ½ cup sliced scallions (both green and white parts)
- ½ cup buttermilk (well shaken)
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup good quality mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 & ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Puree the scallions in a food processor, then add the remaining dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.