Salted Toffee and Chocolate Bars are even better than they sound. These are a favorite during the holidays and are always the first to go. So easy. So yummy. So toffee. Yippee!!
Salted Toffee and Chocolate Bars
These Salted Toffee and Chocolate Bars are so wonderful. Perfect at the holidays, and really any time, for that matter. These are always the first to go. Double or triple the recipe for gift giving or big parties! Very much Loon approved!
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup of chopped almonds plus 2 tablespoons for topping bars
- 9 Hershey milk chocolate bars
- 12 tablespoons (1 & ½ sticks) of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher or coarse sea salt (plus more for dusting tops of bars)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Place a layer of foil on your tabletop
- Spread the cup of almonds on the foil
- Over medium heat, in a large skillet, add the butter and melt.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon
- Cook, stirring constantly, until amber in color...about 8 minutes.
- Pour over the almonds.
- Lay candy bars on top.
- Sprinkle with extra almond slivers.
- Add a little extra salt.
- Let melt and then gently smear chocolate around with the back of a spoon.
- Let cool completely (you can place in the fridge to expedite this)