Roasted Turkey Stock Recipe:
Ingredients:1 large fresh turkey carcass, meat removed Additional poultry bones Water Three celery ribs, roughly chopped Three large carrots, roughly chopped Three medium yellow onions, roughly chopped Bouquet garni: Tie the following into a small satchel of cheese cloth, tied together with kitchen string.
- 2 or 3 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs of thyme, or small bunch of fresh oregano
- small bunch of fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place carcass and bones in large roasting pan, bake for 1 hour, stir bones after half an hour
- Remove bones, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place roasted bones in large stock pan
- A 2 cups of water to the roasted pan, use a metal spatula to scrape up any baked on pieces, pour into stock pan
- Add enough cool water into the stock pan to cover the bones, with about an inch of water above the bones
- Boil for 30 minutes, skimming along the way
- Add the celery, carrots, onions and bouquet garni to the pan
- Turn heat down to low, and simmer for 3 hours.
- Drain into large bowl through a fine mesh sieve, or a colander lined with cheese cloth.
- Cool then store in airtight containers. Freeze perfectly.