I know I say all the time that each recipe is hands down one of our all-time favorites. Well, this Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread is no exception. The Loon says this is one of the most delicious things he’s ever tried that’s come out of the H2FaL kitchen. And I have to agree. The pumpkin matched with the butterscotch is nothing short of glorious. The bread is moist and so incredibly full of flavor. This makes two loaves.
A couple weeks ago, I brought one loaf to a neighbor who is a sweet elderly woman who lives alone. I bring her food all the time, since there is an abundance in our kitchen. She has called me every day since I brought over the bread and can not stop raving about how delicious it is. And she is very finicky when it comes to food. It’s that good.
Folks…serve this bread for loved ones, and you will not believe the response. Make it with love and feel the love in return! Enjoy! 150% Loon Approved!
Watch us show you how easy it is to make this amazing Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread, and then see the full recipe below!
- ⅔ cup shortening (or you can use 1 cup vegetable oil)
- 2⅔ cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups (or one 15 oz. can) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅔ cup water
- 3⅓ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup butterscotch morsels
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- In your mixer, in a large bowl, cream together the shortening and the sugar. (Mix on medium-high for about 4 minutes, until light in texture, and little air bubbles are visible)
- Beat in the eggs, pumpkin, water and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, stirring to blend.
- Mix in the butterscotch morsels.
- Spoon the batter into two well greased 9" x 5" loaf pans.
- Bake the bread for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle come out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and cool it on a rack.
- When it’s completely cool, wrap the loaves well in plastic wrap and store it overnight before serving.
- If desired, just before serving, drizzle with icing made of 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, 2 T melted butter, and 1 T milk.