Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake. Do I need to say anything else? I think not. Make this and your taste-buddies will thank you.
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake. Oreo crust. Peanut butter ice cream with chunks of peanut butter cups. Um. Yes.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Dessert
- FOR THE CRUST
- 2½ cups of coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (twist them apart, one by one, and remove the filling - save for nibbles later)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 1 cup of good quality peanut butter
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped miniature chocolate peanut butter cup candies
- FOR THE SAUCE
- Caramel Sauce - melted
- MAKE THE ICE CREAM
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the peanut butter, sugar, and salt until smooth.
- Add the milk and mix on low speed until the sugar is dissolve, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- MAKE THE CRUST
- Melt the butter.
- Add the crushed Oreos into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and vanilla, mix.
- In a 9-inch springform pan, press the Oreo mixture along the bottom, and then up the sides.
- Leave about a ½ cup of the Oreo mixture to sprinkle on top of the ice cream cake.
- Place in the freezer.
- BACK TO THE ICE CREAM!
- Pour the refrigerated mixture into the bowl of your ice cream machine.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions, churning for about 40 minutes.
- minutes before the mixing is complete, add in the chopped peanut butter cup candies.
- Let mix completely.
- At this point, the ice cream will be nice and creamy.
- ASSEMBLE THE CAKE
- Take the spring form pan with the crust out of the freezer.
- Add the ice cream into the crust.
- Sprinkle the top with the reserved Oreos.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before serviing.
- TO SERVE:
- Remove the ice cream cake from the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Take a sharp knife, and gently run it along the edges of the pan.
- Release the pan.
- Heat the caramel sauce in a pan.
- Slice the cake, drizzle with the caramel sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!