Want to learn how to make perfect French fries at home? Well, look no further! Watch Kris and Wesley show you a fool-proof method of getting perfectly cooked fries – soft and creamy on the inside, and crisp and crunchy on the outside.
Of course, we had to up the game a bit and cook in them in amazing Wagyu oil that we got from FoodShedExchange and then finish them off with an amazing white truffle salt. These fries are also perfect using peanut oil, or even vegetable oil, and just good ole table salt. Serve them alone, or with your favorite dipping sauce. They are a classic for a reason!! 100% Loon Approved.
- 4 russet potatoes, peeling them is optional, scrubbed clean
- Oil, for frying (Wagyu, Peanut, Canola, Vegetable)
- Finishing salt (Truffle salt is excellent, but coarse sea salt, or Kosher salt will work, too).
- Using a mandolin (on the French fry setting), or a sharp knife, cut each potato into French fry sticks,
- Place cut fries in an ice bath for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 330 F. (Oil should only be about 2 inches deep, and there should be at least 4 inches above the oil to the top of the vessel).
- Completely dry potatoes in kitchen towel.
- Working in batches, carefully add potatoes to oil, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until light beige in color. Remove from oi onto paper towels. Fries at this point will be translucent and a little limp (this can be done several hours before the next and final fry).
- Once all the fries are cooked, raise the oil temperature to 365 F.
- Working in batches, fry the potatoes again, until golden brown and crispy...about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove immediately from oil onto paper towels.
- Sprinkle salt all over the fries.
- Serve at once! Enjoy!