How to Make a Southside Fizz has Wesley concocting a super refreshing gin cocktail that dates back to the Prohibition Era. The Loon changes it up a bit and uses fresh lemon juice and muddled fresh mint. Al Capone would be so impressed! As was I!! This is another winner cocktail from The Loon!!
This is the muddler The Loon uses, and he LOVES his muddler!
And here’s our favorite cocktail mixer set:
- 1½ shots of quality gin
- 1½ shots of lemonade (preferably homemade)
- Several sprigs of fresh mint
- Club soda, for topping
- In a mixer glass with a lid, add the gin and lemonade.
- Add in the mint then gently muddle.
- Place the lid on the mixer and gently shake to fully blend.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour the drink over the ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint.
- Serve and enjoy!