How to Make a Perfect Poached Egg has Kris in the kitchen showing you his simple, but foolproof way of making a perfectly poached egg…every time! The Loon shows up just in time to sample the finished product. You’re going to love this one. Use this poached egg technique when making Eggs Benedict with No Fuss Hollandaise Sauce! Perfection!! 100% Loon Approved!
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ½ teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Place the egg in small vessel and add the vinegar on top.
- Using a whisk, stir the water in a circle, to create a vortex.
- Gently lower the egg into the water and immediately turn off the heat.
- Let egg sit in the hot water for 3 minutes.
- Remove with a rubber spatula.
- If making more eggs, cook 2 to 3 eggs at a time, and then keep cooked eggs in a separate bowl filled with warm water.