Make this Heavenly Huevos Rancheros…and there’s no breakfast/brunch joint that will have anything on you. They are that GOOD.
Now, make some Heavenly Huevos Rancheros!
Heavenly Huevos Rancheros
Oh, it simply does not get much better than this. This Heavenly Huevos Rancheros is to die for! The Loon says its better than he's had in any restaurant, anywhere! Serve along side Easy Gourmet Beans, and you won't believe this dish. Amazing!
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Brunch
- Preheat the oven to 200 F.
- In a saucepan, warm the ranchero sauce over low heat.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over high heat, until the oil is shimmering.
- One at a time, fry the tortillas just until they begin to crisp, about 30 to 40 seconds (they don't need to be crunchy). Carefully flip after about 20 seconds.
- Transfer to paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Overlap 2 tortillas on each serving plate and keep warm in the oven.
- Discard the oil in the pan.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Crack 4 of the eggs into the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the white are set, about 2 minutes for sunny-side-up eggs.
- Transfer 2 eggs, per serving (1 per each tortillas) to the plates.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs.
- For each serving, spoon about ¼ to ½ cup of the warm Ranchero Sauce over the eggs.
- Top with the queso fresco, and sprinkle over some cilantro.
- Serve immediately, with the refried beans on the side.