It’s no secret that I am crazy about chicken wings. I don’t think I’ve ever met a well-prepared chicken wing that I didn’t immediately begin a meaningful relationship with. But, let me tell you, this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe just about takes the cake.
These wings are simply incredible. I like to fry them first, to get them really crispy on the outside, and then finish them up in a hot over for about 15 minutes. But, if you prefer, you can skip frying them, and bake them for about 1 hour, flipping them half way through. However you do them, brace yourself for about the best wings you will ever try.
And of course, we love going with my Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing recipe. The wings are incredible on their own, but dip them into this amazing dressing, and these things go through the roof!
I just can’t get over how good these wings are. The Loon literally flipped for them. And that is something when the Loon flips. It’s actually kind of scary.
Anyway, let’s get back to this crazy-good Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings.
And if you like these wings, I’m pretty certain you’re going to love Teriyaki Chicken Wings! Watch us make those first, then get on to the Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe!
Now, let’s make this Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings recipe!
- 2½ lbs of chicken wings and wing drumettes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano, chopped (plus another teaspoon for the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped (plus another teaspoon for the sauce)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme, chopped (plus another teaspoon for the sauce)
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- ½ cup of unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons of Frank's hot sauce (or your favorite wing sauce)
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of fresh black pepper
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Pat wings and drumettes off with a towel and place in a large bowl
- Toss in the oil
- Add 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice
- Add 1 tablespoon each of oregano, rosemary, thyme.
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix until completely coated, then place in a large zipper baggie and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F (add oil to a deep skillet, or use your deep fryer)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F
- Once oil reaches 350, gently drop the chicken one at a time in. (you'll probably need to fry in two batches).
- Using tongs, place the chicken pieces on a baking dish.
- Place the chicken pieces into the pre-heated oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saute pan, add the butter, hot sauce, chicken stock, remaining lemon juice, onion and garlic powders, salt and pepper. Add in the fresh garlic. Heat gently for about 15 minutes and slightly reduced.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and place in a clean large bowl.
- Add the cheese to the sauce and remaining teaspoons of herbs. Stir to combine.
- Add the sauce to the chicken and toss.
- Place on serving dish.
- Serve with homemade blue cheese