Fresh linguine is easy and delicious. Use this in your favorite pasta dishes. Boxed pasta is really just fine, and I use it all the time…but for certain dishes…like chicken picatta…go with the fresh.
This fresh linguine is the ideal choice for your favorite Italian dish. We love it with Chicken Picatta.
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Italian
- 1 cup of semolina flour
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- Using your food processor, mix together the flours and salt....pulsing a few times.
- Gently beat the eggs in a small bowl.
- Slowly add the eggs to the food processor.
- Slowly add the oil, and then water with the food processor on.
- Once the dough turns into a ball, stop the food processor.
- Flour your hands, and pull out the dough
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a ball. With a knife, divide the dough into quarters and cover with plastic wrap. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Take one dough quarter at a time, and on a floured surface, using a rolling pin, gently roll out the dough into about a 4 inch by 4 inch square.
- Fold the sides into each other.
- Roll smooth again with a roller and repeat the folding wiht the sides.
- Repeat 3 more times.
- Place your pasta roller on the widest setting (1).
- Roll out the pasta, repeating 5 times.
- Begin tightening the pasta settings.
- Continue putting the pasta though the roller until you've reached the 3 setting.
- Replace the pasta roller with the linguine roller.
- Put the pasta through the linguine roller.
- Place the linguine on a large baking sheet, sprinkled with corn meal. (this will keep the pasta from sticking to each other).
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, with about a tablespoon of Kosher salt.
- I like to add a dash of olive oil...this keeps the pasta from sticking...
- Once boiling, add the pasta.
- Cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.