This cucumber and sesame salad is so refreshing and perfect to make the night before. Be sure to chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge, but even better over night! Use the freshest ingredients you can find, and you will be very happy.
Cucumber and Sesame Salad
Oh boy, this is good. You're just going to love this cucumber and sesame salad. With a touch a heat from the pepper flake. Be sure to chill for at least 2 hour before serving, even better when covered in plastic wrap and served the next day!
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Salad
- 4 fresh cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes (or more, taste)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- 3 green onions
- Thinly slice the cucumbers crosswise.
- Combine the cucumbers, ¾ teaspoon of the salt, and the sugar in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a colander, rinse, and drain.
- Press out the excess moisture with your hands.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the vinegar, garlic, chili flakes, and sesame seeds.
- Add the cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Place the cucumbers and dressing onto your serving platter.
- Thinly slice the green onions, including the tender green parts.
- Sprinkle the green onions over the top of the salad.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Serve this salad cold!