This Classic Tapenade is a true classic spread made popular in Provence, France, as well Southern Italy. It stars two of our favorite items, black olives and capers! Serve this with crostini toasts, and your guests won’t believe how fresh and flavorful this spread is. We literally can’t get enough of it. And don’t be afraid of the anchovies, they don’t overpower at all…they just add a wonderful depth to the flavor profile. Simply amazing!! 120% Loon Approved!
Watch us show you how easy it is to bring this amazing spread together, and then see the full recipe below!
- 1½ cups pitted black olive (Nicoise are our favorite)
- 1½ cups pitted green olives
- 3 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry, then roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1½ teaspoon fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 24 toasted crostinis (thin baguette slices)
- Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine roughly.
- Then add the olive oil and pulse about 10 more times, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice.
- The texture should be chunky, rather than a smooth puree.
- Toast the crostinis.
- Serve with tapenade.