Cinnamon Apple Sweets Tacos – LICKETY SPLIT!!
Here’s the latest in our LICKETY SPLIT series – Cinnamon Apple Sweet Tacos! Make the cinnamon apples ahead of time, or just use apple pie filling. This is awesome with Salted Caramel Sauce, or simply buy some good-quality store-bought caramel sauce! Mascarpone cheese works really well. Don’t cook too long, or the cheese will get messy. So good, quick and easy!! 100% Loon Approved.
- 6 medium-sized (fajita) flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil, for lightly frying
- 2 cups Baked cinnamon apples (or store-bought)
- 1 16 oz package Mascarpone cheese, room temp*
- 1 cup salted caramel sauce(or store bought), heated
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
- *Found in the specialty cheese section of most supermarkets, or at specialty markets, ie. Whole Foods
- Pre-heat oven to 200 F.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla, and spin around until one side is coated with the oil.
- Working quickly, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of apples to one half of the tortilla.
- Top with 3 small dollops of cheese.
- Spoon about 1 to 2 tablespoons salted caramel sauce (heated) over the top.
- Fold the tortilla over like a taco.
- Cook until slightly browned on the bottom. Flip, and brown the other side. About 1 minute per side.
- Remove from skillet and sprinkle powdered sugar on each side of taco.
- Repeat process. Keep tacos warm in 200 F oven.
- Serve and enjoy!