This Chinese Noodles with Peanut Sauce recipe is so comforting and so delicious.
It’s wonderful served warm when it’s cold outside, and it’s great served room temp when it’s hot outdoors!
The sauce is literally exploding with flavor and the noodles just soak up that incredible yumminess.
The richness of the creamy peanut butter along with a touch of sweet from the honey, matched against a little bit of heat provided by the chili oil is just the best.
These noodles are wonderful as an appetizer, or a great side dish, or, a meal by themselves. We just love a good peanut sauce and this one is about as good as they come!
Chinese noodles can be found in the Asian section of most major supermarkets or at Asian food markets.
In a pinch, you could easily substitute spaghetti or really any other kind of noodle. The real star of this dish is the incredible peanut sauce.
And now, go and make this super delicious Chinese Noodle with Peanut Sauce recipe!
- 1 cup creamy (smooth) peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili flavored oil* (more, if desired)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce*
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lb Chinese egg noodles*
- 2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
- *Available in the Asian section of most well-stocked supermarkets, or at an Asian food market.
- Blend all ingredients except noodles, scallions and sesame seeds in a food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
potof salted water to a boil.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions and then drain.
- Toss with 1 cup of the sauce (or more, if desired) until noodles are fully coated.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.