Nothing spells Summer much more than a good outdoor BBQ. And the best BBQ’s have amazing side dishes. This Cajun Pasta Salad recipe is one of our all-time favorites.
There is a slight kick to this pasta salad, but it’s a good kick!. The flavors compliment each other so well. You and your guests will keep coming back for mosr of the amazing Cajun Pasta Salad recipe!
100% Loon Approved!
Watch how easy it is to make this awesome Cajun Pasta Salad!
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoon good-quality olive oil, divided
- ½ cup of shallots, finely minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 4 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1 & ½ cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce (ie, Tobasco, Crystals)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta and cook for 9 minutes, until tender.
- Drain in colander and rinse with cool water.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, including the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons water, to thin slightly.
- Adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Add the macaroni and mix.
- Top with chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!