Black Pepper Bacon and Maple Caramel Popcorn
This is a wonderful treat to have as your guests arrive!
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 10 cups of popped popcorn
- 3 tablespoons of oil (or bacon grease...for extra flavor)
- 8 strips of pepper thick-cut bacon (or just good ole plain bacon)
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenned pepper
- ½ cup of whole, salt roasted cashews
- 1½ cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of good maple syrup
- ¼ cup of heavy cream
- white truffle salt (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F
- Pop the corn in the oil
- Spread the popped corn on a large baking dish. Then sprinkle on the salt, and cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Once cool enough to handle, crumble the bacon into a bowl
- Add the bacon and cashews over the popped popcorn
- In a large skillet over low-medium heat, stir together the sugar, maple syrup and ½ cup of water...heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Increase heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until turns to a nice amber brown color (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove mixture from heat and add the heavy cream. Mix and blend well, quickly!
- Pour mixture over popcorn.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes...stirring every 10 minutes, or so.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve...and be just awesome.