This Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast recipe is absolutely one of our all-time favorite dishes. It’s good on so many levels. It combines all of our favorite savory breakfast tastes…all in one pan!
This Skillet Breakfast is so wonderful and so simple to prepare!
Watch us show you how easy it is to make this Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast!
This is a fun recipe to make…get the kids involved! If the Loon can do it, anyone can!!
Mmmmm…don’t you just love the smell of freshly baked biscuits?
And tomatoes add such a burst of flavor.
Cherry tomatoes work perfectly. Little balls of deliciousness.
And they add such beautiful color, too.
All right, let’s keep adding in flavor!
How about some cheese, please!!
And then of course, the quintessential breakfast ingredient…farm fresh eggs!
Don’t you just love now they are nestled into their own little breakfast nests?
Now, go ahead and make this wonderful Best-Ever Skillet Breakfast recipe!
You and your family will gobble this right up! Yum!
- 1 lb ground breakfast pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuits, crumbled, store-bought or homemade
- 1 1/12 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (or ½ teaspoon dried sage)
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a sturdy skillet (preferably cast iron), cook the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned and the onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a large bowl.
- Add crumbled biscuits, cheese, tomatoes, sage, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
- Transfer back to skillet
- Make 6 indentions (using the handle of a long spoon works well) in the sausage mixture, and break an egg into each indention.
- Bake until eggs have just set, approx. 25 minutes (30 to 35 minutes for fully-cooked egg yolks).
- Serve at once and enjoy!