Yep. That’s what these are…popcorn s’mores bars. Serve these with a cold glass of milk…and the kids will think you are a super hero. The Loon sure did.
Awesome Popcorn S'Mores Bars
These Awesome Popcorn S'Mores Bars are the perfect snack for the kids, and well, the pretty good for anybody. The Loon loves them!
Author: Kris Longwell
Recipe type: Snack
- 1⅓ stick of unsalted butter (plus a little more for greasing the dish)
- Approx. 15 cups of popped popcorn (using a Whirlypop is best!)
- 10 ounces of mini marshmallows
- 2½ cups of coarsely broken graham crackers
- 7 ounces of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ cups of brown sugar
- ⅔ cup of light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Lightly butter a 9 x 13 baking dish
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Add the marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate chips.
- Mix well.
- In a medium sauce pan, over low to medium heat, cook together the sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Stir frequently, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium-high heat and cook for 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat...add the baking soda and stir to combine
- Carefully pour the butter mixture over the popcorn mix (having a helper make this easier)
- Stir gently until popcorn is evenly coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish, press the edges, and smooth the top with your hands.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut into bars.
- Serve with cold milk.