This Amazing Tuna Melt recipe truly is amazing. It, of course, all starts with the Best-Ever Tuna Salad recipe, and then the sky is the limit for this iconic sandwich. It just doesn’t get much better than this.
Did we mention how amazing the Best-Ever Tuna Salad is? Well, we’re not kidding when we tell you it is truly the best ever! Just look at all that yummy-ness!
After you’ve made the Best-Ever Tuna Salad, all you need is some nice thick bread slices (sourdough is wonderful), good ole cheddar cheese, a couple sliced tomatoes, and a hot skillet with some butter.
Wow, oh wow.
There is just something so undeniably comforting about this sandwich. It’s been warming hearts for generations. And this particular recipe takes it over the top. You’re going to love making this Amazing Tuna Melt recipe!
Watch Us Make the Best-Ever Tuna Salad!
Now, let’s make this Amazing Tuna Melt recipe!
- 2 cups Best-Ever Tuna Salad (click for recipe)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices sourdough bread, ¼" thick
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smear butter over one side of each bread slice
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium high heat and add remaining butter.
- Meanwhile, build the sandwiches by starting with 1 bread slice, buttered side down. Add 1 slice of cheese, then about ½ cup of the tuna salad, then 1 or 2 slices tomato, a pinch of salt and pepper, another slice of cheese, and another slice of bread, buttered side on top. Repeat to build 4 sandwiches.
- Carefully add 1 or 2 sandwiches into the hot skillet. Cook until lightly browned on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook the other side until toasted on the bottom, another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Cut in half and serve at once.